Thursday, November 25, 2010

Completed Circuit Card Assembly (CCA)

Last week I recieved the surface mount PICs from Digi-Key (Part Number: PIC16F688-I/SL).  After soldering the PIC into place, I plugged my 'PICkit 2' into the CCA and powered it up.... SUCCESS!  It worked the first time (meaning, the programmer recognized the chip and I did not let out any of the magic smoke).

Completed CCA

This was my first attempt at soldering a surface mount component.  It was far easier than I anticipated. 

The code, however, is far from complete.  There is a lot of seemingly random movement of the RC Servo.  I have created a few lines of code which add in a 'dead zone' to stop the movement... but I am not getting the full travel of the servo (which should be about 180 degrees).  I think the issue is the conversion between the ADC output value and the servo input value.

In the next week or two I plan on figuring out what is wrong, and hopefully get both servos operational. 

No comments:

Post a Comment