Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sumo Bot Fully Assembled (with issues)

After a lot of frustrating hours, I have my first Sumo Bot somewhat up and running... unfortunately, he is currently running in circles  I have not found my error yet, but I must have an short somewhere....

Here is the functionality which I do have. (The following four digits control the drive direction, for example, to drive forward, the command is 1010.  To 'turn on a dime' the command is 1001 for counter clockwise or 0110 for the clockwise direction.)
1000 = Right side drives forward (which is what should happen)
0100 = Nothing happens, but both pins on the right side are high (should drive right side in reverse)
0010 = Both sides drive forward (should only drive left side forward)
0001 = Both sides drive in reverse (should only drive left side in reverse)

Although he isn't working, he sure looks pretty.

Completed Sumo Bot Isometric View

Side View

Front View

No comments:

Post a Comment